OneGate values your privacy as much as we value our own.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and enhance our website and services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – OneGate collects personal information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions, such as email and online registration forms. Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, your name, and email address. The types and amount of personal information we collect may vary, depending on what information you choose to provide. Some of the ways in which we use this information are to
- provide our application services,
- provide you with content relevant to you,
iii. offer personalized features,
- tailor your user experience,
- allow you to connect to and share information with other users,
- validate your identity,
vii. prevent fraud, and
viii. provide customer services including technical support.
When you allow others to view your profile, send messages, post messages, or otherwise share personal information with other users, we cannot control and are not responsible for the actions of other users in handling the information. Any improper collection or misuse of information is a violation of our Terms of Service and should be reported to OneGate.in
- Information from your school – OneGate partners with certain educational institutions that provide us with certain information about their students. Depending on OneGate’s relationship with the institutions, and if you have not already provided this information to us, this information may include
- basic student directory information such as name, email address, and phone number.
- demographic information such as minority status, hometown and high school.
iii. geographic, financial, and other information about you and your background.
- academic records such as your major and course load.
When you enroll at a school that partners with OneGate, you give your school permission to release certain information to organizations like OneGate and OneGate uses that information to provide its services to you. If you would prefer that information used by our system not be made available to OneGate, please tell us by using privacy@OneGate.com and we will do our best to respect your request and remove any
such information we may have received. Some OneGate services depend on receipt of this information from educational institutions and do not function without it.
- Information on Usage – We track the usage of the OneGate Product to improve the services we offer to our users. For example, we collect user traffic patterns to help improve site flow and usability. We
may use anonymous usage data to define various user types and customize the experience for those user types, including notifying them of particular features made just for them or requesting particular actions beneficial to the overall experience with our applications.
- Information from Other Sources – We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as from other users of our services (for example, messages sent to you by other users) in order to provide our services, more useful information, and a more personalized experience.
- Content – We may collect and store any posts or content that you send or upload using the OneGate Product. We may also remove any messages, posts or content that we find objectionable or that violate the End User License Agreement that governs your use of the OneGate Product.
- Cookies – Our partners or we will also collect information from you when You use the OneGate Product in the form of cookies. A cookie is a text file that a web-service can store on Your web browser and later retrieve. A cookie enables the OneGate Product to recognize You as a prior user, provides the OneGate Product with information regarding Your prior use and assists Us in determining what portions of the OneGate Product are most appropriate for You. Your Web browser may provide You with the ability to
reject cookies. To take full advantage of the OneGate Product, We recommend that You accept cookies from the OneGate Product. If you reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. some services may not function properly.
- Use of Information We may use and/or share your information and information we collect in connection with your use of the OneGate Product as follows:
- in any manner to improve the OneGate Product;
- if you provide information in response to any forms that we host for our client educational institutions, we will transmit your personal information to those parties identified in the applications, contributions, scholarships, or other forms you choose to submit and, if applicable, to the third party service providers specified by the client institutions. The client institution’s privacy policies and practices,
- to share information with companies that provide support services to us (e.g. website hosts, software developers, researchers, appypie) that allow us to provide the OneGate Product and that help us market our OneGate Product, which companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf;
- to communicate with you about the OneGate Product, accounts and program participation, based on your requests, profiles, patterns, habits, preferences and usage statistics, which may be through notifications pushed to the OneGate Product on your mobile device;
- to process and manage your use of the OneGate Product;
- to respond to your inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog, social media site or other online forum maintained in connection with the OneGate Product, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other OneGate Product related activities;
- if you participate in any blog, social media or other online forum in connection with the OneGate Product, we may share any personal information that you post with other forum participants and users of the OneGate Product;
- with respect to the information you provide or information we collect about you in connection with the OneGate Product, we may (a) analyze and share that information either in anonymized format that does not directly identify you or when aggregated with anonymized information from other users of the OneGate Products, (b) use it to develop new products or services or to modify existing products or services, including the OneGate Product, and (b) include that information with similar information from
other users of the OneGate Product and share it with third parties.
protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others and/or (7) to investigate and defend us against any third-party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our OneGate Product.
We may also provide information we receive from you to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, facilitating our business, and for any other purposes identified above.
In connection with any sale of the assets or equity, a financing or change-of-control of OneGate or its affiliates we may disclose, share and/or transfer personal information and data we have collected with third-parties involved in such transactions (e.g. if we sell the OneGate Product to a third-party buyer, we will share and transfer information about you and other users with and to that buyer).
- Changing or Removing Information. OneGate does not allow you to change privacy and security settings on the information collected by OneGate. You can also not edit or remove personal data. The only way that you can stop OneGate from continuing to collect information from you is to deactivate your OneGate account by deactivating your account via the mobile application or contacting OneGate support at support@OneGate.in. However, even if you deactivate your account, any information you provided to OneGate or that OneGate collected about you before deactivation may persist in backup copies, but will not be generally available to users of OneGate services, unless you posted or shared that information with others (e.g. participating in an organization wall).
- We recommend that minors ask their parents for permission before sending any information about to anyone over the Internet.
- Links. OneGate’s Platform may contain links to non-OneGate websites or content, such as to university or course webpages, other online shopping portal, payment gateway,any other websites we linked with our product. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to review the privacy terms of other websites that collect personal information.
- International Visitors and Customers. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from indian. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the country which does
not have the same data protection laws as the EU and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
- Security. However, note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures associated with our website or our services offered on other websites. No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. If OneGate learns of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website, or providing
personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of this website and OneGate’s services on other websites. OneGate may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs, the viewing of which requires a web browser. In these circumstances, OneGate may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive
notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at support the@OneGate.in
- Contacting OneGate
your privacy concerns.
In addition, if you are a Indian resident you may request certain details under law about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes by contacting us at support@OneGate.in.
End User License Agreement
This End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is between you (whether you are an individual or an entity) and OneGate.in,p
(“OneGate”). By downloading, installing, accessing or using this or any other application and any accompanying software or service (individually and collectively, the “OneGate Product”) you are bound by this Agreement.
OneGate may amend this Agreement (i.e. change, delete or add new provisions) at any time, which
amendments will become effective immediately when posted. You must review this Agreement before you use the OneGate Product because by using the OneGate Product after we make any amendments to this Agreement, you agree to the Agreement, as amended. Unless you earlier accept them by your continued use of the OneGate Product, any amendments or changes will automatically be effective thirty (30) days after they are initially posted on the OneGate Product.
This Agreement governs any upgrades or updates to the OneGate Product, unless a separate agreement accompanies the upgrade or update.
Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to receipt of services, participation in a particular program, training, authorized user registration to the OneGate Product or specific portions and features of the OneGate Product, all of which are made a part of this Agreement by this reference.
- Eligibility. OneGate provides various software services including the OneGate Product, to colleges and universities (“Schools”). The Schools then provide accounts on the OneGate Product to their applicants and students. The OneGate Product is available to persons over all the age groups and to selected persons who are permitted to use the OneGate Product by Schools.
- Fees. We do not currently charge any fees for use of the OneGate Product. Although we do not currently expect to charge any fees for use of the OneGate Product, we may later decide to charge a fee by amending this Agreement. Also, if you access the OneGate Product via a mobile device your carrier’s normal rates and fees for data and text messaging will apply.
- License Grant
- Subject to Your compliance with This Agreement, OneGate hereby grants to You a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use the OneGate Product for your own personal and noncommercial use in connection with your relationship with a School.
- The OneGate Product may incorporate OneGate content and third-party content, which may be targeted to You based on User Content or information on the OneGate Product, queries made through the OneGate Product, or other information. OneGate and its third party providers and partners may place such content on the OneGate Product or in connection with the display of User Content or information from the OneGate Product whether submitted by You or others.
- OneGate its affiliates and licensors own or control the OneGate Product, all of its contents and all related intellectual property rights. Except for the limited license granted to you in this Agreement, OneGate, its affiliates and licensors retain all right, title and interest in the OneGate Product, including all intellectual property rights.
- OneGate may exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent unauthorized use of the OneGate Product, including, but not limited to, technological barriers, IP mapping, and directly contacting Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) regarding such unauthorized use.
- User Content License Grant; Representations and Warranties
- You are able to upload text, pictures and other content (“User Content”) to or through the OneGate Product. User Content shall also include data that you authorize OneGate to collect. By distributing or disseminating User Content through the OneGate Product, You hereby grant to OneGate a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable and sub-licensable right and license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, copy, distribute and make derivative works of Your User Content (and any copyrights, publicity, database and other proprietary rights therein) to parties within the School that has licensed the application on Your behalf and for anonymous representations of our product in marketing, in any media formats and through any media channels. We may share your User Content with any third-parties in our sole discretion. The foregoing license shall survive any termination of this Agreement or your account with OneGate.
- You hereby grant to each other User that is authorized to access Your User Content a limited, royalty-free, paid-up, non-exclusive, personal license to access and use such User Content in the manner contemplated by this Agreement and the OneGate Product.
- You are solely responsible for Your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing them. By uploading and publishing Your User Content, You affirm, represent, and warrant that You are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses,
rights, consents, and permissions to use and to authorize OneGate and OneGate’s Users to use and distribute Your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by You in this Section and in the manner contemplated by OneGate and this Agreement.
- When using the OneGate Product You will be exposed to User Content or other content from a variety of sources, and that OneGate is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Content and other content.
You may be exposed to User Content and other content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable, and You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies You have or may have against OneGate with respect thereto. OneGate does not endorse any User Content and other content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein, and OneGate expressly disclaims all liability in connection with User Content and other content.
- Prohibited Conduct. You may not:
- use the OneGate Product for any purposes other than (i) to disseminate or receive original or appropriately licensed content, or (ii) to access the OneGate Product as such services are offered by OneGate;
- rent, lease, loan, sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the OneGate Product or any content contained therein;
iii. post, upload, or distribute any defamatory, libelous, or inaccurate content;
- post, upload, or distribute any User Content or other content that is unlawful or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, offensive, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate as reasonably determined by OneGate;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity, or access the OneGate Product accounts of others without permission, forge another persons’ digital signature, misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the OneGate Product, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail or spam to other Users of the OneGate Product. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures;
vii. use the OneGate Product for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, and data protection and privacy;
viii.use the OneGate Product in violation of any School policy;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the OneGate Product or User Content, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the OneGate Product, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the OneGate Product or User Content;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the OneGate Product or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
- modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the OneGate Product or any part thereof;
xii. intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the OneGate Product or any user’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code.
- In addition to its other rights and remedies under this Agreement, OneGate may refer any suspected any activity that violates this Section 4 (and any User Content) to the School and appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- Copyright Act. OneGate is committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and requires all users of the Application to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content or use or disseminate any material or content though the Application in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
OneGate will terminate the use privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to OneGate by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. If you feel that a posted message is objectionable or infringing, we encourage you to contact us immediately. Upon our receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under the DMCA – dispute management and control authority, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable. OneGate’s designated agent (i.e., the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is listed below.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted using the Application in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located to permit us to locate the
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be sent to our agent at copyright@OneGate.com with the subject line DMCA. Address your correspondence to: DMCA Officer.
- Account Security. You may be required to register as an authorized user for access to the Application, which may require both a user name and a password (“Authorized User Credentials”). You may also have to provide certain registration information, all of which must be accurate and updated. You are not allowed to share or give your Authorized User Credentials to anyone else. You are responsible for
maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use another person’s Authorized User Credentials or select Authorized User Credentials: (i) with the intent to impersonate another person; (ii) subject to the rights of another person without authorization; (iii) in violation of the intellectual property rights of another person; or (iv) that OneGate, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate or offensive or discriminates on the basis of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. You have no ownership or other property interest in your account and/or user name, and all rights in and to your user name and account are and will forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of OneGate. OneGate will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations. OneGate may delete or change Authorized User Credentials (with notice) at any time and for any reason. You may be liable for the losses incurred by OneGate or others due to any unauthorized use of Your OneGate Product account.
- Third-Party Sites, Products and Services; Links The OneGate Product may include links or references to other information, resources, web sites or services solely as a convenience to Users (“External Sites”). OneGate does not endorse any such External Sites or the information, materials, products, or services contained on or accessible through External Sites. In addition, Your correspondence or business dealings with, any External Sites found on or through the OneGate Product are solely between You and the applicable third-party. Access and use of External Sites, including the information, materials, products, and services on or available through External Sites is solely at Your own risk.
- Termination; Terms of Service Violations. OneGate may in its sole discretion at any time without penalty (i) suspend or terminate any account (or any part thereof) You may have with OneGate or Your use of the OneGate Product and remove and discard all or any part of Your account, User profile, and any User and (ii) discontinue providing access to the OneGate Product, or any part thereof, with or without notice. Any termination or suspension of Your access to the OneGate Product or any account You may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and OneGate will not be liable to You or any third party for any such termination or suspension. You. Your only remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with (i) the OneGate Product, (ii) any term of this Agreement, (iii) any policy or practice of OneGate in operating the OneGate Product, or (iv) any content or information transmitted through the OneGate Product, is to terminate this Agreement and Your account. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by discontinuing use of all parts of the OneGate Product and uninstalling the OneGate Product.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold OneGate, its affiliated companies, contractors, employees, agents and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of Your use or misuse of the OneGate Product, your User Content, any violation by You of this Agreement, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by You herein. OneGate reserves the
right, at Your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which You are required to indemnify OneGate, and You agree to cooperate with OneGate’s defense of these claims. OneGate will use reasonable efforts to notify You of any such claim, action, or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, OneGate, AND ITS AFFILIATES, SCHOOLS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY “AFFILIATES”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM OneGate OR THROUGH THE OneGate
PRODUCT WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AS USED IN THIS SECTION 10, “OneGate” INCLUDES OneGate’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS.
- YOUR USE OF THE OneGate PRODUCT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE OneGate PRODUCT AND ANY DATA, INFORMATION, THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, USER CONTENT, COMMERCIAL CONTENT, EXTERNAL SITES, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE OneGate PRODUCT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- OneGate AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE DATA, USER CONTENT, COMMERCIAL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE OneGate PRODUCT OR ANY EXTERNAL SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED.
- OneGate AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE OneGate PRODUCT OR ANY EXTERNAL SITES IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
- Limitation of Liability and Damages NEITHER OneGate NOR ITS SUCCESSORS, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (SUCH CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS COLLECTIVELY “AGENTS”), IS OR WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY UNSUCCESSFUL COURT ACTION OR LEGAL DISPUTE, LOST BUSINESS, LOST REVENUES OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR NON-PECUNIARY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THAT
RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS (INCLUDING USER CONTENT) ON THE OneGate PRODUCT OR ANY EXTERNAL SITES, OR ANY OTHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE INTERACTION FACILITATED THROUGH USE OF THE OneGate PRODUCT, EVEN IF OneGate HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- IN NO EVENT WILL OneGate OR ITS SUCCESSORS, AFFILIATE OR AGENTS TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE OneGate PRODUCT OR YOUR ONLINE OR OFFLINE INTERACTION FACILITATED THROUGH USE OF THE OneGate PRODUCT (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO OneGate DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE CLAIM OR ONE HUNDRED Rs, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
- THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU BECAUSE of ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR PROVIDED ON ANY EXTERNAL SITES OR OTHERWISE BY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN OneGate AND RECEIVED THROUGH OR MENTIONED ON THE OneGate PRODUCT OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY EXTERNAL SITES. OneGate HAS OFFERED ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, SET ITS PRICES, AND ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN, THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND OneGate, AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND OneGate. OneGate WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE OneGate PRODUCT TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS.
- CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF YOU RESIDE IS SUCH A JURISDICTION, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES, REMEDIES OR LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT SUCH LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ARE PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED.
- If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release OneGate and OneGate’s successors, Affiliates and Agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual
and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- OneGate may provide You with notices, including those regarding changes to OneGate’s terms and conditions, by email, regular mail or postings on the OneGate Product. Notice posted on the OneGate Product is deemed given 30 days following the initial posting.
- The failure of OneGate to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by OneGate.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Surat jurisdiction and you will not join any purported class action involving the OneGate Product
- If you are using or opening an account with OneGate on behalf of a School then you represent and warrant that you: (i) are an authorized representative of that School with the authority to bind such organization to this Agreement; (ii) have read the foregoing terms; (iii) understand this Agreement, and (iv) agree to this Agreement on behalf of such School.
- If any provision of this Agreement or any Policies is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated from this Agreement to the minimum extent necessary and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- This Agreement and related Policies, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by You, but may be assigned by OneGate without restriction. Any assignment attempted to be made in violation of this Agreement
shall be void.
- Upon termination of this Agreement, any provision that, by its nature or express terms should survive, will survive such termination or expiration, including, but not limited to, Sections 4, 6 and 10-1.
- The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of this Agreement, and will not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
- This is the entire agreement between You and OneGate relating to the subject matter herein and will not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to this Agreement or Policies made by OneGate as set forth above.
- The parties specifically disavow any desire or intention to create a “third party” beneficiary contract, and specifically declare that no person, except for the parties and their permitted assigns, shall have any rights hereunder nor any right of enforcement hereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you access the OneGate Product using an Android, Apple iOS, or Microsoft Windows-powered device, or the Amazon cloud interface, then Google, Inc. (“Google”), Apple Inc. (“Apple”), Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”), and Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (“Amazon”), respectively, shall be a
third-party beneficiary to this Agreement. However, these third-party beneficiaries are not a party to this Agreement, and are not responsible for the provision or support of the OneGate Product.
schoolgate.net | All Rights Reserved
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
This section is designed to inform Users of the types of data that the app obtains and how that information is used. You’ll find several types of data that are often obtained by apps, but you should provide Users with a clear, illustrative list of the most important data points obtained by your app.
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application unless you register with us.
Alternative language if you don’t allow unregistered users: “Registration with us is mandatory in order to be able to use the basic features of the Application.” (On the other hand, you might want to specify you don’t let user register at all, but still list the information you collect).
Mobile application developers should be aware that certain types of data, for example, medical records and certain types of financial information may be subject to existing privacy law, or any other current or future state, federal law, regulation, restriction, etc. Application developers creating apps that collect potentially sensitive information are encouraged to obtain counsel to ensure that their data collection policies are in line with current law in the jurisdiction(s) where the app may be used. If you collect credit card information, we strongly encourage you seek the advice of a professional to ensure PCI compliance and other specific security requirements.
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase and use of the Application, and; (e) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information and project management information.
This list is not comprehensive. Adjust it according to what your app actually asks for.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Information
If the Application collects information from and/or for social networking platforms (e.g., pulling contact information, friends lists, login information, photos or check-ins) you should ensure that the prior consent of the user is obtained.
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Again, this list is not comprehensive. Adjust it according to what your app actually asks for.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
If your app uses geolocation, check out the specific branch of this policy at https://www.docracy.com/6513/mobile-privacy-policy-geolocated-apps- for alternative language and also be sure to include any shared geolocated data in the section below “Automatic Data Collection and Advertising”
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Generally, app developers will want to have the right to transfer information collected by the app under certain circumstances. For example, if the app developer sells the app, the developer may want that information collected by the application transferred as part of the sale. While some of the more common examples of data transfer to third parties are provided, you are encouraged to work with counsel and/or privacy professional to determine if other examples should be included in the policy.
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if Developer Company Nameis involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
- to advertisers and third party advertising networks and analytics companies as described in the section below
Automatic Data Collection and Advertising
Mobile application developers should be aware of which mobile advertising networks and other third parties they are working with in order to determine if that ad network or other third party is offering an opt-out. At a minimum, application developers should take into account whether the app is advertising supported and whether data is obtained by an ad network or other third party for the purpose of ad targeting.
We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Application is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We work with advertisers and third party advertising networks, who need to know how you interact with advertising provided in the Application which helps us keep the cost of the Application low. Advertisers and advertising networks use some of the information collected by the Application, including, but not limited to, the unique identification ID of your mobile device and your mobile telephone number. To protect the anonymity of this information, we use an encryption technology to help ensure that these third parties can’t identify you personally. These third parties may also obtain anonymous information about other applications you’ve downloaded to your mobile device, the mobile websites you visit, your non-precise location information (e.g., your zip code), and other non- precise location information in order to help analyze and serve anonymous targeted advertising on the Application and elsewhere. We may also share encrypted versions of information you have provided in order to enable our partners to append other available information about you for analysis or advertising related use.
This only a sample description. Change the above paragraph it according to how your app actually shares data and what do you do (if anything) to protect the anonimity of your users.
If you’d like to opt-out from third party use of this type of information to help serve targeted advertising, please visit the section entitled “Opt-out” below.
What are my opt-out rights?
Mobile application developers should be aware of which mobile advertising networks and other third parties they are working with in order to determine if that ad network or other third party is offering an opt-out. The mobile marketplace continues to experiment with different types of opt-out mechanisms – and developers are usually encouraged to participate in these experiments to the benefit of consumer privacy interests.
There are multiple opt-out options for users of this Application:
Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application: You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out from the use of information to serve targeted advertising by advertisers and/or third party network advertisers: you may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by describe how user can manage their location preferences either from the app or device level.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
Your app has to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Developers should pay particular attention to COPPA when creating apps that contain cartoon characters or other features that may cause the app to be perceived as being directed towards children under 13. Consider including language in your Terms of Service that makes users represent they are of age. Application developers creating apps that might be governed under COPPA or similar laws are encouraged to obtain counsel to ensure that their data collection policies are in line with current law in the jurisdiction(s) where the app may be used.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Application developers should ensure that their security procedures are reasonable, and should provide an overview of their security procedures below.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com